Chartered Surveyors


Town & County Valuers & Surveyors are able to carry out Building Surveys (Full Structural Surveys), with or without valuations, on residential and commercial property. The survey will be carried out by a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors. Town & County Valuers & Surveyors are able to attend the property, inspect the building with a detailed checklist, and produce a written report which can be used for purchasing or selling property.

When you email, or contact us we will send you confirmation of the service to be provided with the inspection checklist of areas to be covered, and conditions of engagement.

We will require the address of the property, the details of access, such as the estate agent telephone number. Please also provide the name, address, telephone/email address of the person instructing the Survey.

Party Wall Surveys & Boundary Disputes

When carrying out building work, the Building Owner carrying out the work will need to serve Notice to the Adjoining Owner under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.

topography.jpgTown & County Valuers & Surveyors can act on behalf of the persons who are to carry out work, or the neighbours, and are able to serve and receive Notices. After Notice to neighbours is served then the appointed Surveyor will liaise with the neighbouring property owner or Surveyor in preparation of the Award document which will include any drawings prepared, survey of the adjoining property on which Notice was served, and description of how works are to be carried out without damaging the neighbouring property. Only after this procedure is followed can work commence. Usually, fees for this service are paid by the party wishing to carry out the work.

In order for us to act on your behalf we will require a signed letter of appointment, which we can provide for you to complete, and also any drawings/calculations etc.

Should you be in dispute with your neighbour over the position of a boundary, we can prepare a report on the matter which will outline the issue, and assess where we judge the true boundary to be.